Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   [SOLVED] Post heading on Multiple seems <h2> whereas single post has <h1> (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3757)

kostermw Oct 7, 2009 05:41 AM

[SOLVED] Post heading on Multiple seems <h2> whereas single post has <h1>

May well be that I am mistaken, but if if I have multiple posts on a page, the post headings are tagged <h2> (and it are links of course) but if I look at the single post page it is <h1>.

Probably by design, but I want it to be the same size and style in both situations.

So how can I change this, or (as an alternative) ho do I change the style of <h1> (or <h2>)

juggledad Oct 7, 2009 07:16 AM

What do you have set at ATO->Configure SEO->Use Bytes For All SEO options? and ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1?

kostermw Oct 7, 2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

What do you have set at ATO->Configure SEO->Use Bytes For All SEO options?
The Default Value, which is No
Quote:

and ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1?
It was Yes (default) and I have now switched it to No, but it makes no difference. Single Posts are still <H1>

kostermw Oct 8, 2009 03:54 AM

And after activationg SEO, by setting the bytes to YES, it are still <h1> headings ...

juggledad Oct 8, 2009 05:21 AM

I believe this is being done for SEO
On a single post/page, the 'post/page title' is set to H1 for more importance in SEO,
on a multi post page, where there are many 'post/page title's, the 'blogtitle' is set to H1 and the 'blogtitle' are set to h2

kostermw Oct 9, 2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 16174)
I believe this is being done for SEO
On a single post/page, the 'post/page title' is set to H1 for more importance in SEO,
on a multi post page, where there are many 'post/page title's, the 'blogtitle' is set to H1 and the 'blogtitle' are set to h2

Now ... what do you mean ..? Was it supposed to work as intended or not?

If there is an option not to show them as <h1> on a single post page then they should not show up as <h1> should they?

juggledad Oct 9, 2009 08:47 AM

in Atahualpa 3.4.4 is you set ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1? to 'NO' the post titles show up as H2 on single or multi-post pages

kostermw Oct 9, 2009 04:50 PM

Sorry but I do not notice the expected behavior.
A single post is always <H1> regardless the values you point me at.
As a last resort I tried all 4 combinations (yes, silly I know) ;

SEO on / Make H1 on
SEO on / Make H1 off
SEO off / Make H1 on
SEO off / Make H1 off

Its all the same result. :confused:

juggledad Oct 11, 2009 01:40 PM

do you have any SEO plugins?

kostermw Oct 12, 2009 04:57 AM

No I have no SEO plugins in use.

juggledad Oct 12, 2009 05:30 AM

what is your url?

kostermw Oct 17, 2009 02:23 AM

http://www.elefantin.nl

juggledad Oct 17, 2009 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some thing is odd and I need to see what is in the options. Please download the attached zip file and unzip it. inside the folder you will find a'dump.php' please upload it to your atahualpa folder and then create a new page (in the wordpress dashboard) called DUMP using the dump.php template.

Next view the site and select the 'dump' page. It will dump your Atahualpa options. Copy everything from 'the following is a dump of the array bfa_ata' to 'end of dump' and paste it here or send it to me as a PM.

Now delete the page or unpublish it so it won't be seen by the general public.
Attachment 281

kostermw Oct 17, 2009 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's a neat way to collect info! Here's the dump;

juggledad Oct 17, 2009 01:33 PM

(BTW, I love those Fairytale sculptures - that caused me to get 'distracted for at lease 20 minutes)

Ok, found it. If you go to ATO->Configure SEO the first option 'Use Bytes For All SEO options?' says if it is set to 'NO' the rest of the options are obsolete, except the last one, I think that should be the last TWO.

If the option 'Make Post/Page Titles H1?' is set to 'NO' then
Multi-post page - Page title = H1 - post Title = H2
Single-post page - Page title = H1 - post Title = H2

If the option 'Make Post/Page Titles H1?' is set to 'YES' then
Multi-post page - Page title = H1 - post Title = H2
Single-post page - Page title = H2 - post Title = H1

kostermw Oct 18, 2009 08:38 AM

Thanks for your compliment about the pictures.

As you can see from the dump, I had the option 'Make Post/Page Titles H1?' set to NO.
Also 'Use Bytes For All SEO options? was set to YES, which would make it work.

I don't no why, I have not realy changed anything now ... only tried other combinations and set them back again. They now seem to bee <H2> though ... beats me ...