Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] Upgrade from 3.3.3 to 3.4 Possible or Need to reinstall? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2257)

mukundguruji Jul 4, 2009 08:26 PM

[SOLVED] Upgrade from 3.3.3 to 3.4 Possible or Need to reinstall?

Greetings Flynn,
I have installed the GREAT ATAHUALPA 3.3.3 and done some customizations at pallipravan.com. Can I upgrade to 3.4 without reinstalling and losing the customizations I have made to your magnificent theme?
The change log is mouth-watering! News about widget placement etc. :)
Once again thanks from my heart!

Help please!

I installed atahualpa 3.4 and on installation get this warning:
"Warning: include_once(/home1/keralala/public_html/pallipravan/wp-content/themes/atahualpa34/functions/JavaScriptPacker.phpp) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/keralala/public_html/pallipravan/wp-content/themes/atahualpa34/functions.php on line 151

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home1/keralala/public_html/pallipravan/wp-content/themes/atahualpa34/functions/JavaScriptPacker.phpp' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/keralala/public_html/pallipravan/wp-content/themes/atahualpa34/functions.php on line 151"

How can I cope with this? I am a newbie to anything related to coding. Please help
I have moved the left sidebar in 3.3.3 to the right hand side following the instructions found here. Is this related to that?
Can I activate the new 3.4 theme disregarding this warning? Please, a quick solution!

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I AM DOOMED! ALL MY CUSTOMIZATIONS ARE LOST! WHEN I DELETED THE 3.4 INSTALLATION, 3.3 ALSO DISAPPEARED FROM MY THEMES LIST! WORDPRESS REVERTED TO ITS DEFAULT THEME! I FIND NO TRACE OF THE 3.3 THEME WHEN I LOOKED INTO THE SITES THEME DIRECTORY USING MY WEB HOST CONTROL PANEL! HOW DID IT HAPPEN FLYNN? I DELETED ONLY THE 3.4 THEME I HAVE NEWLY INSTALLED USING THE PREVEIW-ACTIVATE-DELETE LINKS BELOW THE LISTED THEMES IN MY WORDPRESS ADMIN PANEL. WHEN DELETED, 3.4 THEME DRAGGED AWAY MY 3.3 ALSO AWAY ON WHICH I HAD SPENT NEARLY A NIGHT FOR CUTOMISATION!
OK, OK, WELL THEN. I AGAIN DOWNLOADED AFRESH ATAHUALPA 3.4 AND INSTALLED. THE ERROR STILL PERSIST. PLEASE HELP!

SORRY THAT I WAS SHOUTING! I AM IN UTTER DESPERATION!

SEE MY DESPERATION AT URL : pallipravan.com

stribe Jul 4, 2009 10:56 PM

TO get rid of those 2 errors, check for and delete this line in functions.php:

include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/functions/JavaScriptPacker.phpp’);

That's from Flynn over here. I actually downloaded the theme after the problem had purportedly been fixed.. but for me at least.. apparently not.. so I searched out functions.php and used a text editor to get rid of that line, and the errors went away.

juggledad Jul 5, 2009 04:53 PM

take a deep breath and relax. All is not lost. the styling you did is stored in the WordPress database. The only thing you may have lost is any headre images you put in wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/images/header and you DO have backups of tehm RIGHT?

Any way, just upload a new copy of the atahualpa333 folder into wp-content/themes and you should be able to reselect it from the theme picker.

CocteauBoy Jul 14, 2009 07:39 AM

I would like to ask, as well, what would be the steps for upgrading from 333 to 34 without losing customization. This is the only thread I can find that is close to addressing it, so I appreciate it very much!

troy

krystyna Jul 14, 2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CocteauBoy (Post 10244)
I would like to ask, as well, what would be the steps for upgrading from 333 to 34 without losing customization. This is the only thread I can find that is close to addressing it, so I appreciate it very much!

troy

I didn't have any problem except for moving header and logo images into the new atahualpa images folder. I also had a different functions.php but I always keep track of what customizations I make to limit the problems.

CocteauBoy Jul 14, 2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystyna (Post 10246)
I didn't have any problem except for moving header and logo images into the new atahualpa images folder. I also had a different functions.php but I always keep track of what customizations I make to limit the problems.

Awww, thank you, Krystyna! I started to remember from my last upgrade, but wan't sure. Thanks!

troy