Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Version 3.7.22 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=23016)

--yeah--wow Jan 12, 2015 07:58 PM

Version 3.7.22

I have noticed that new versions of Atahualpa are coming out and each time no list of changes is published in this forum. This is not really helpful in decision-making concerning the need of an update or judging potential anomalies.

Why are change lists not published anymore? Or am I missing something?

Hope this gets answered in spite of not being a recently paying member of this forum...

WebHeer Jan 13, 2015 01:11 AM

I hope the "not payment in the last two months is a joke". Many of users paid for ThemeFrame a lot of money for a lifetime license. How long is it ago since te last update?

juggledad Jan 13, 2015 03:37 AM

I will respond after both of you answer a couple questions
1) Are you using Atahualpa on any site desigend to make money?
2) How much support do you think you deserve for a free theme?
3) Do you value the support the moderators have been giving?
4) How valuable is the theme to you?

mdmower Jan 13, 2015 12:12 PM

In an attempt to drag this back on-topic, is there a chance we might see a changelog posted for 3.7.18 to 3.7.22? Or should I just rely on a code diff?

--yeah--wow Jan 13, 2015 12:45 PM

@mdmower

Thanks for getting this back on track. I was not looking for a discussion about the new donation rules as stated by the moderators. Maybe I should not have indicated that in my last remark. I just wanted to make a point that my question is a valid question for all users of Atahualpa, paying or non-paying.

mdmower Jan 23, 2015 03:20 PM

It seems the moderators are uninterested in providing this information, so I've done my best to interpret the changes:

3.7.19 changes are written in the changelog, so these are from the author(s)
Quote:

Changelog 3.7.19:
- Fixed issue with the code added in 3.7.17 to show category names on <body> - it now work when the blog page is the front page.
- added code to fix formatting errors when using BBPress
- added code to handle captions used in galleries
- bfa_meta_tags.php: Using wp_title filter
3.7.22 changes are not written in the changelog, so this log is from me (unverified)
Quote:

Changelog 3.7.22:
- Fix wp_title usage to return the description/tagline of the site
- Add author gravatar support to Post Info Items
- If BFA SEO not enabled: Distinguish title tag on front page from other pages
- If BFA SEO enabled: Fix identification of front page for title tag

--yeah--wow Feb 17, 2015 08:52 AM

@mdmower

My reaction is a bit late, but thanks all the same. I hope your list helps other people as well.

It seems no urgent modifications were introduced, so I'll stick to the old version.

It is hard to trust the newer versions when authors do not make an effort to document changes. I've decided to phase out the use of Atahualpa in the sites I've made in the past. It is a big job, so I'll do one at a time. It also helps to have a fresh look at those sites.

I haven't been using Atahualpa for some time now on newer sites. It is still a very nice product, especially for people who are starting out, but right now I just need more flexibility.

juggledad Feb 17, 2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

It is hard to trust the newer versions when authors do not make an effort to document changes.
There is a _changelog.txt in the theme folder that has been in every release of Atahualpa.

--yeah--wow Feb 17, 2015 01:15 PM

@juggledad

Apparently I was wrong. My apologies for that.

I was used to seeing the changelog for new versions on this website / forum. That came in real handy, because that way I could evaluate BEFORE downloading/installing the theme if there was a real need to do so.

Maybe I should have stated that the changelog was not published here anymore. And because it is not here anymore people like me are confused about what is going on. Now that I know where to find the changelog I can evaluate what changes are made in new versions. I guess a lot of other people are helped with this answer as well.

--yeah--wow Feb 17, 2015 01:50 PM

@juggledad

Just checked: the _changelog.txt file in the 3.7.22 version of Atahualpa has been updated upto version 3.7.19.

There is no changelog for versions 3.7.20, 3.7.21 and 3.7.22...

juggledad Feb 17, 2015 04:28 PM

version 3.7.19 was submitted, rejected by WP theme review, fixed resubmitted but became 3.7.20
version 3.7.21 was submitted, rejected by WP theme review, fixed resubmitted but became 3.7.22

I was at fault not updating the changelog for that version. 3.7.23 is waiting to be submitted and the changelog has been updated.

--yeah--wow Feb 17, 2015 04:57 PM

@juggledad
Thanks for clearing this up. Your help is appreciated.

E-TARD Mar 1, 2015 09:50 AM

Yeah too have been confused by the lack of a changelog.

As for juggledad ?s:
1. Are you using Atahualpa on any site desigend to make money: No!
2. How much support do you think you deserve for a free theme: Well I think I deserve a changelog LOL (How much of your time does that take to make).
3. Do you value the support the moderators have been giving: Some what, most of the time I just figure things out on my own & if I need more help I don't really come here lol due how the moderators are on here. :(
4. How valuable is the theme to you?: it's valuable to me because I have never seen a theme like this before and it saves me so much time. Look if I have a bit of $ to kick down to you guys I so would but last time I looked its been hard times for most people in the US
so you can't get blood from a stone.

On a side note I'm getting this feeling you guys are going to one day make this a pay only theme.
Money is not everything, I hope you guys remember that.

juggledad Mar 1, 2015 12:46 PM

@E-TARD
Quote:

2. How much support do you think you deserve for a free theme: Well I think I deserve a changelog LOL (How much of your time does that take to make).
If you count the time it took to determine there is a problem, recreate the issue, dig thru the code to find the problem, code and test a patch, then add it into a changelog - several hours.