Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] How To Remove Tags From Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=22610)

hardworker1970 Jul 5, 2014 03:58 PM

[SOLVED] How To Remove Tags From Montezuma Theme

I need some help from the Montezuma experts on this Forum.
I recently installed the Montezuma theme to a new blog of mine, but i notice
that the tags are showing at the top above the article post, which is very
unsightly. How can i remove these tags and put it at the bottom instead if possible?

juggledad Jul 5, 2014 06:25 PM

edit the virtual template single.php and you can remove or move them

hardworker1970 Jul 6, 2014 01:58 PM

THanks Juggledad, but i saw that in another forum where i deleted the line:
"<?php the_tags( __( '<p class="post-tags">Tags: ', 'montezuma' ), ' &middot; ', '</p>' ); ?>"
from the single.php section in the Main Templates section of Montezuma Options
but when i save and look at the preview, the it seems the it messes up the top part of my
article post.
The beginning of the article on the page is distorted maybe due to a social share
plugin that i also installed, which is located just above the article post.
Is there some other adjustment i have to make?

hardworker1970 Jul 6, 2014 02:08 PM

Should i also delete tags here: Montezuma Options - > Sub Templates -> Post Format
remove below line
<?php the_tags( '<p class="post-tags">', '', '</p>' ); ?>
I saw this in an older post in this forum.

juggledad Jul 6, 2014 02:53 PM

try it and let us know the results
and what happens if you shut off the plugin? Is it messed up them? or is the plugin messing things up in which case you will probably need to add some CSS to adjust it.

hardworker1970 Jul 6, 2014 08:34 PM

When i shut off the plugin it is now OK, but i need the plugin.
It was just fine with the tags at the top
I may have to adjust the css as you recommend.

beerboy Mar 25, 2015 05:48 PM

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have tried removing the two lines mentioned but cant get the tags to remove from the top of each page.
Any help appreciated. not sure what I am missing

CrouchingBruin Mar 26, 2015 08:41 AM

If you removed the call to the_tags from single.php, then you shouldn't be seeing tags at the top of your single post pages. Do you have a caching plugin or an SEO plugin installed? Sometimes you'll have to deactivate those plugins while you are making changes to your site in order for your changes to show up right away. Did you clear your local browser's cache by hitting Ctrl-F5? If you are still having problems, please post a link to a sample post page.

beerboy Mar 26, 2015 06:18 PM

http://www.blueshed.com/?page_id=22

Yes tried deleting the cache and all add ons.

On the above line I don't want the partners link to be on the actual page. But want it on the menu.

is that what removing the_tags should do?

thanks for you assistance once again

CrouchingBruin Mar 26, 2015 06:56 PM

It looks like you are mixing up posts and pages, and you don't know what tags are.

Pages contain static information, i.e., they generally don't change. You usually access pages through a menu. The virtual main template which displays pages is page.php.

Posts are a type of page (i.e., they look like a page), but they generally appear as part of a blog. That is, a blog will have multiple posts, and you access a post by clicking on the post title from the blog page. Individual posts are displayed using the single.php main template. Tags are used in conjunction with posts to make it easier to find posts which are related to one another by that word (or tag). For example, let's say I have a site about animals, and I write a post about golden retrievers. I might give it a tag called dogs so if the user wants to view other posts about dogs, all they have to do is click on that tag and they'll be presented with a list of other posts that have the dogs tag assigned to it.

The word Partners on the link that you provided is actually the page title for a page, not a post, so you want to edit page.php, not single.php. If you go into your page.php main template, you'll see a section of code that looks like this:
Code:

<h1>
        <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title_attribute(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a>
        <?php bfa_comments_number(); ?>
</h1>

If you take out that section of code, the page titles will disappear.

beerboy Mar 26, 2015 09:26 PM

Great! thanks that has worked perfectly. thanks for the clear explaination