Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] 3.6.4: Reset all options does not reset all options (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12758)

mdmower Feb 11, 2011 10:52 AM

[SOLVED] 3.6.4: Reset all options does not reset all options
 
I have only a handful of settings which differ from Atahualpa's default options. When I used Reset All options, a significant number of those settings were not reset to defaults:

(This is not a comprehensive list)
Code:

Configure SEO
 Noindex date archive pages?
 Noindex category pages?
 Noindex tag pages?
 Nofollow RSS, trackback & admin links?

Style & edit HEADER AREA
 Search box
 Text in header search box
 Horizontal Bar 1: Styling
 Horizontal Bar 2: Styling

Configure EXCERPTS
 Don't strip these tags

Style IMAGES
 Images in Posts

Add HTML/CSS Inserts
 CSS Inserts

There were some options that were reset correctly, like hover tables and show logo next to title.

runnerb0y Feb 11, 2011 11:28 AM

Sometimes the database needs a bit of cleaning too.

In the ATO --> Import/Export Settings

Scroll down near the bottom and click on the "Delete the bfa_ata4" button and see if that helps.

lmilesw Feb 11, 2011 11:30 AM

Thanks for the info. I have passed this along.

juggledad Feb 11, 2011 11:31 AM

did you ever have a version prior to 3.4.7 installed? In that case the old settings are still in the database and pressing the reset all or delete bfa4 will rebuild the options from the database.

The reset al should copy in the settings from the 'classic' setting file

mdmower Feb 11, 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnerb0y (Post 57677)
Sometimes the database needs a bit of cleaning too.

In the ATO --> Import/Export Settings

Scroll down near the bottom and click on the "Delete the bfa_ata4" button and see if that helps.

The effect of "Delete the bfa_ata4" was no different than "Reset ALL theme options". The same set of options which were not reset before are still not reset now.

mdmower Feb 11, 2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 57679)
did you ever have a version prior to 3.4.7 installed? In that case the old settings are still in the database and pressing the reset all or delete bfa4 will rebuild the options from the database.

The reset al should copy in the settings from the 'classic' setting file

I have Atahualpa installed manually to /wp-content/themes/atahualpa364 so there should not be any stray files from previous versions around. Seems to be strictly database related.

juggledad Feb 11, 2011 08:01 PM

Let me ask the question in a different was

Did you ever use a version of atahualpa earlier than 3.4.7 with this database?

mdmower Feb 13, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 57742)
Let me ask the question in a different was

Did you ever use a version of atahualpa earlier than 3.4.7 with this database?

It is likely, but I cannot remember for sure. I know that I had 3.4.9 installed for quite some time, but I'm not positive that I started with it.

juggledad Feb 13, 2011 12:42 PM

I just went into the test database I use and deleted all the rows in the wp-option table that began with 'bfa'. This included all the rows created pre 43.4.7 and the bfa4 record. This is equivalent to doing a fresh wordpress install and activating the theme for the first time.

I made some changes

I then pressed the 'Reset ALL theme options' and while I did not check each and every option, the ones I did check were reset to the defaults.

If you had a release prior to 3.4.7 you could still have the old bfa records in the wp-option table. to check, in phpMyAdmin, issue the following

HTML Code:

SELECT option_name, option_value FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata_';
make sure to change the prefix to match the one you have.

If you get any hits, you can delete the resultant set.

Please make sure to do a database backup BEFORE you do this.

mdmower Feb 13, 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 57799)
If you had a release prior to 3.4.7 you could still have the old bfa records in the wp-option table.

I did have 71 old bfa_ata_ options. Removing them and then using the 'Reset ALL theme options' button successfully reset everything. Thank you for your assistance. After setting all of my preferences, I have only one option in the tables called "bfa_ata4"; as it should be.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.