Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] Save Draft, Preview, and Trash buttons missing on post drafts (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21196)

daisy24 Nov 29, 2013 03:42 AM

[SOLVED] Save Draft, Preview, and Trash buttons missing on post drafts

Hi,
I made a donation a few days ago.

My Save Draft, Preview, and Trash buttons are missing on post drafts after opening a post edit page. Now I can't save anything on a post draft. I deactivated all plugins, but it didn't make a difference. Bluehost did a debugging and got these errors below. They said it could be an issue with the theme somehow. Can you tell what is wrong?
Thank you!
Daisy24

Notice: add_option was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.3 with no alternative available. in /home1/ellifolk/public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3019

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home1/ellifolk/public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3060

Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7 with no alternative available. in /home1/ellifolk/public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3019

Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1! Use get_option() instead. in /home1/ellifolk/public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2919

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home1/ellifolk/public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3017

Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1! Use get_option() instead. in /home1/ellifolk/public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2919

juggledad Nov 29, 2013 05:25 AM

theses errors are not coming from Atahualpa. For instance, THESE MESSAGES:
Quote:

Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7

Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1!

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0!

Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1!
There are no occurances of any of those functions in the theme.

When did this issue start happening and what did you do just before that?

daisy24 Nov 29, 2013 05:40 AM

Hi Juggledad,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I tried changing to the default theme and it didn't help. Bluehost deactivated the plugins and that didn't help. They also reinstalled wp-admin and wp-include folders and buttons are still missing.

I have been working on the blog, trying to fix the menu bar below the page menu. I also added a widget with some social media icons and an instagram images widget. I think I was doing those last two things before the buttons disappeared a few days ago, but tried deleting them and it didn't help.

Daisy24

lmilesw Nov 29, 2013 06:06 AM

Why was Bluehost involved in deactivating the plugins and reinstalling the two folders you mentioned? That is something the admin of the site can easily do. I would wonder if they did what they said or if they did it correctly.

What version of WordPress are you running?

Based on the errors you are getting I would probably try a manual reinstall of WordPress after deleting the old files but this is something where you need to know what you are doing so you don't delete the wrong files. It also requires FTP access.

daisy24 Nov 29, 2013 06:16 AM

Bluehost was just trying to help. I had already deactivated the plugins on my own without any luck. I just upgraded to latest version, 3.7.1. He did a manual reinstall of the files, but I don't really know what I am doing to do it myself. I have FTP access through Bluehost.

I just sent you a pm.

Daisy24

juggledad Nov 30, 2013 08:51 AM

Has this been resolved? If so what was the issue/solution

lmilesw Nov 30, 2013 05:35 PM

I believe the error was caused by an old plugin (not updated since 2008). The missing buttons were because the publish section on the post editor was collapsed. All is good now.