Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Forum How-To (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Comments still showing up for print with existing stylesheet and WP-Print (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10541)

Espresso Oct 21, 2010 12:14 PM

Comments still showing up for print with existing stylesheet and WP-Print

Hi, I have been struggling, trying to keep the comments, ShareThis buttons, and LinkWithin stuff from showing up in print. I was up until 3AM, trying to figure it out. I don't know what to do. Help would be appreciated.:confused:

juggledad Oct 21, 2010 02:41 PM

what do you have set for the print options at dashboard->settings->print?

Espresso Oct 22, 2010 11:43 AM

Hi, I apologize for the delay in my response. A little while after posting, I LOST all of the tweaking I did, and had to begin again from scratch. I just logged in to see your response to my question. I did manage to get back into my account after getting a white screen and reloading the template. The settings I have for print options are:

Print Styles:

Print Text Link For Post - Print This Post (no dash)

Print Text Link For Page - Print This Post (no dash)

Print Icon (printer_famfamfam.gif)

Print Options:

Print Comments? No
Print Links? No
Print Images? No
Print Videos? No

Not only am I having this printer-friendly problem showing comments, but I'm also having some other problems:

1. The template size shifts when clicking on the page tabs I set up.

2. There is no space between the center column and the sides, more accurately, no space between the sides and center column content like text, comments, throughout. I want to place order lines along the sides to meet the border line on the footer. I tried, and removed it, as I couldn't get the space between the center column and the border lines on the sides.

3. I can't seem to get rid of the space betwen the top and bottom of the template on the screen.

I hope I'm making sense. There has been delay upon delay in launching the site, due to these issues.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Espresso Oct 23, 2010 02:16 PM

Okay, I have worked out the other issues, and so the print friendly problem is now the thing I need help with. Still learning, and so glad I resolved the other mentioned items. If the print thing would be fixed, I'd be pretty happy right now.

Print Styles:

Print Text Link For Post - Print This Post (no dash)
Print Text Link For Page - Print This Post (no dash)

Print Icon (printer_famfamfam.gif)

Print Options:

Print Comments? No
Print Links? No
Print Images? No
Print Videos? No

Espresso Oct 23, 2010 06:55 PM

Okay, here's an update. For some reason - I don't know why - the WP-Print is now working with the 'Print This Post' link when it is clicked. It immediately gives me a view of a printer-friendly version of a post.

I did a few things differently, and I am wondering if it made the difference, when done together:

1. I deactivated and removed the WP-Print plugin.
2. I deactivated and removed the LinkedWithin plugin, did not reinstall. (conflict?)
3. I re-installed the WP-Print plugin. I emptied the cache, refreshed the page.

I don't know why, but this worked. I am not going to question it.

I AM wondering, if someone tries to use the print function from the browser, if it could be commanded to give me the WP-Print format. If I use the Print function from my browser, I do not get the same printer-friendly result. I'd like them to match. This is currently not the case.