Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [SOLVED] Google Analytics Placement (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=22188)

RHCdG Apr 23, 2014 08:02 AM

[SOLVED] Google Analytics Placement

Hi,

I placed the Google Analytics code in the appropriate box under ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>HTML Inserts: Header, but no data is being recorded even though the GA Overview page states that data is being received.

I don't know if there is any relation but when I check the Javascript console in Chrome, an error is reported: "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token" for line 1152 in the Index, which I think might be the location of the script?

My site is http://www.cornetsdegroot.com/

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rutger

lmilesw Apr 23, 2014 09:19 AM

I see you are using version 3.5.3 of Atahualpa which is about 4 years old. I'm not sure if that is the issue but I would want to get that current.

What version of WordPress are you running? Are all the plugins up to date?

Double check the syntax of the analytics code and perhaps try deactivating the plugins to see if there is a conflict.

To upgrade I would.
  • Take a backup of the site
  • Download the atahualpa353/images folder so you can transfer the images into the new locations after upgrading.
  • Just install atahualpa (don't do an update) This will put the new version in the atahualpa folder. Once you set your relative paths for images in the theme options you will now be able to upgrade without saving images.
After that is all done see if analytics is working properly. If not you at least know it is not a needed update.

RHCdG Apr 24, 2014 06:33 PM

Hi Miles,

Thanks for your response. I finally got round tonight to upgrade from Atahualpa 3.5.3 to version 3.7.15. I don't know if GA is working yet but the trasfer seems to have worked out alright, except for one thing: in the backend it says that I am running version 3.7.9 instead of 3.7.15. Do you know about this?

I'll check back tomorrow to see if GA has kicked in. Thanks for now.

Rutger

lmilesw Apr 24, 2014 06:58 PM

I'm not sure why it would say version 3.7.9. I will check into it.

RHCdG Apr 25, 2014 07:35 AM

Hi again Miles,

I have both Atahualpa versions (3.5.3 and 3.7.15) in the themes folder as well as the twentyfourteen theme. Upon deleting the 3.5.3 folder, the website goes blank. Like I said, however, under ATO it says it's running 3.7.9 where it always used to say 3.5.3. I am at a loss why this would be.

Thanks,
Rutger

lmilesw Apr 25, 2014 07:40 AM

Atahualpa 3.7.15 should be in a folder just named atahualpa so that future updates can occur without having to move images. If you just install (not update) as I mentioned that is where it should go. Read through my instructions on the previous message to see what I mean.

RHCdG Apr 25, 2014 07:49 AM

I did not use the update utility but manually installed 3.7.15. However, are you saying I should rename the current "atahualpa3.7.15" folder to simply "atahualpa"? Let me try that.

RHCdG Apr 25, 2014 08:10 AM

Just to make sure, Miles, is this the correct path for the header images in atahualpa 3.7.15?

../wp-content/themes/atahualpa/atahualpa/images/header/

lmilesw Apr 25, 2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHCdG (Post 108498)
Just to make sure, Miles, is this the correct path for the header images in atahualpa 3.7.15?

../wp-content/themes/atahualpa/atahualpa/images/header/

The correct path depends on your settings but the suggested settings would mean the header is in the wp-content/ata-images/header folder all the other images would be in the wp-content/ata-images folder. This is if you set "Relative location of images?" to wp-content and "Images Directory" to ata-images. Your theme should not be in an atahualpa folder that is within another atahualpa folder. It should just reside in the themes folder.

lmilesw Apr 25, 2014 03:26 PM

I wasn't aware you had a multisite setup. I'm not very familiar with multisite setups and how the interplay with Atahualpa would work as I have never played with that type of setup.

RHCdG Apr 25, 2014 03:32 PM

Oops, sorry Miles, I just deleted my previous message as I just figured the favicon bit out by myself (by playing around a little). Thanks for all your help so far!

Now for the bad news... Google Analytics, which is why we started all this, still is not showing any updates. I do run the latest version of Wordpress and of all my plugins, fourteen in total. How can I diagnose this thing?

RHCdG Apr 25, 2014 04:08 PM

I won't delete any more posts but I think I got GA working now as well, albeit not through ATO but using the Tiny Google Analytics plugin.
Thanks a lot for your time and support!